Avil Tablets is used for:
- Allergic conditions including hay fever, drug rashes, angioneurotic oedema, serum sickness, allergic conjunctivitis, food allergy etc.
- Conditions of the respiratory tract that are accompanied by increased secretion, including vasomotor rhinitis and acute rhinitis.
- All itching skin conditions, including neurodermatitis, eczema of any origin, lichen planus, acute and chronic urticaria, pruritis of the anus or genitals, pruritus in icterus and diabetes, radiation sickness etc.
- Prevention and treatment of motion sickness.
- Prevention and treatment of nausea, vomiting and vertigo due to Menires disease and other labyrinthine disturbances
In adults and children over 10 years of age, treatment is commenced with half a tablet taken up to three times daily.
This dose may be increased to one tablet taken up to three times daily if required.
Children 5-10 years of age: half a tablet up to three times daily.
Avil tablets are not recommended in children under 5 years of age.
Doses must be individually determined in all cases and should be taken with or soon after food. Treatment should be commenced at the lowest possible dose because experience has shown that antihistamines are often effective at low doses.
The maximum dose of 3mg/kg per day should not be exceeded.
Elderly patients should use the adult dose with caution.
To prevent travel sickness, it is recommended that the first dose be taken at least 30 minutes before travelling.
Due to the risk of drowsiness, the patient should not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery after taking a dose.
Each Avil tablet contains 45.3mg pheniramine maleate.
The tablets also contain maize starch, sodium starch glycollate, lactose, colloidal silica, microcrystalline cellulose and magnesium stearate
Pheniramine may cause drowsiness.
Both the dosage and the time of administration should be carefully considered in patients whose activities (eg. driving a car or operating machinery) demand special concentration.
Patients should be cautioned against the simultaneous ingestion of alcohol and other central nervous system depressants.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.