The super seed that does is all! Bioglan Chia Seeds can help support your health, digestion, energy, weight control, mobility & antioxidant activity.
A staple superfood, chia seeds can increase energy, digestive health, help manage blood sugar levels and improve overall wellbeing. Chia Seeds have traditionally been used by central and South American populations for as long as 5,000 years as a dietary mainstay. Recently, chia seeds have become a staple item in Australian kitchens too. This is due to their high nutrient value, tangible benefits and ease of inclusion in cooking, meals and smoothies. Bioglan Chia Seeds are high in fibre, calcium, complete protein, amino acids, slowly processed carbohydrates and loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and omega-3.
Chia Seeds added to any meal can naturally boost your energy and improve your brain, heart and skin health, for better health from the inside out. Bioglan Chia Seeds are the richest plant based source of omega-3, protein, dietary fibre and antioxidants available.
Chia Seeds provide:
- 2x more protein than eggs, providing a great tasting source of vegatable protein. This gives you a slower burning, longer lasting source of energy than many other grains / seeds. Bioglan Chia Seeds also contain phosphorous phosphorus is used by the body to synthesize protein for cell and tissue growth / repair.
- 2 x more fibre than oats. Fibre can help keep you feeling full so you eat less and maintain your healthy weight. Fibre is also important for digestive, gut and bowel function. A high fibre diet can also help slow the glucose absorption from the intestine into the blood, meaning more stable changes in blood sugar levels.
- 9x more omega-3 than salmon, lending support to good heart, brain and skin health. Bioglan Chia Seeds also contain tryptophan tryptophan helps regulate appetite, sleep and mood.
- 5x more calcium than milk, for stronger bones. Chia seeds also contain manganese, a lesser known nutrient that is important for our bodies but difficult to get from common food sources. Manganese helps our body utilise other key nutrients.
Bioglan Chia Seeds are high in fibre for good digestion & weight loss, high in protein for longer lasting energy, and so convenient to include in your meals.
1 tablespoon (25g) per day Can be added to all foods including cereal, salads, smoothies and shakes.
Per Serve - Per 100g
Energy (Kj) 368.3 - 1473.0
Protein (g) 5.5 - 22.0
Fat, total (g) 7.3 - 29.1
- saturated (g) 0.8 - 3.3
- trans (g) 0.0 - 0.0
- polyunsaturated (g) 6.0 - 23.8
- monounsaturated (g) 0.5 - 2.0
- Omega-3 ALA (g) 4.6 - 18.5
- Omega-6 (g) 1.3 - 5.3
Carbohydrate (g) 9.8 - 39.0
- sugars (g) 0.0 - 0.0
Dietary fibre, total (g) 9.6 - 38.5
Sodium (mg) 3.0 - 11.9
Potassium (mg) 149.0 - 596.0
Calcium (mg) 130.8- 523.0
Magnesium (mg) 81.5 - 326.0
Iron (mg) 1.6 - 6.5
Phosphorus (mg) 177.5 - 710.0
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.