Breaks down mucus to clear chest congestion
Get rid of mucus with a strawberry flavoured liquid that treats the cause of chest congestion, not just the symptoms.
When should I use Bisolvon Chesty Kids Liquid?
Bisolvon Chesty Kids Liquid is for a chesty or productive cough where the chest is congested with mucus that is difficult to cough up. You can sometimes hear a "rattle" in your child's chest when they breathe or cough.
Symptoms of a chesty cough
- Sticky mucus that comes up during persistent coughing
- A wheezing, rattling sound especially when breathing in and coughing
- Chest feels tight, heavy and/or congested
- Cough is often worse in the morning
New labelling for usage of cough and cold medicines in children
Following a review of active ingredients in cough and cold medicines by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), all major cough and many cold products are to transition their labelling to indicate that the products are not to be used for children under 6 years of age. For children between 6 and 12 years of age, the advice of a pharmacist, doctor or nurse practitioner should initially be sought before giving the products.
This change will occur for labelling of Bisolvon products sold in pharmacies over the next 12 months from June 2012. Please note there has been no change in the products themselves, no change to where you can buy them and no change to the adult dosing.
As with all other medicines, it is important to take note of the instructions on the label and only use the products as directed. You should read labels carefully, strictly follow all the directions and, if symptoms persist, consult a pharmacist, doctor or nurse practitioner.
How does Bisolvon Chesty Kids Liquid work?
Bisolvon Chesty Kids Liquid helps clear chest congestion by breaking down excess mucus. It contains bromhexine, a well-tolerated, proven ingredient that makes the mucus thinner and more liquid, so that it is easier for your child to cough it up. Bisolvon Chesty Kids Liquid gets right to the cause of a chesty cough: it doesn't just calm the cough, to clear chest congestion and help your child recover.
Mode of Action
- The active ingredient, bromhexine, supports the body's own natural mechanisms for clearing mucus from the airways
- Bisolvon Chesty Kids Liquid is a mucolytic: that is, it increases the production of serous mucus in the respiratory tract and makes the mucus thinner and less sticky.
- This contributes to a secretomotoric effect: it helps the cilia - tiny hairs that line the respiratory tract - to transport the mucus out of the lungs.
- Thanks to this mucus-clearing effect, Bisolvon makes it easier for the respiratory tract to eliminate mucus. It eases productive cough and helps you recover fast.
- A slightly modified pack design helps identify the new directions for use. For Bisolvon Chesty Kids Liquid 200mL in the design shown below please use the following dosage:
- Do not use Bisolvon Chesty Kids Liquid in children under 6 years
- Use in children 6-11 years only on the advice of a doctor, pharmacist or nurse practitioner
- Children 6-11 years: 10mL ml three times a day
- Adults and Children over 12 years: 10 mL three times a day (can be increased to 20mL three times a day for the first 7 days
Bisolvon Chesty Kids Liquid is strawberry flavoured. It's formulated free from sugar, artificial colours and alcohol, and it won't make children drowsy. It doesn't contain gluten or lactose either. The main ingredient, bromhexine hydrochloride is a synthetic derivative of the herbal active ingredient vasicine, which is well known in the traditional Ayurvedic medicine of India. Originally developed in the research laboratories of Boehringer Ingelheim, Germany, bromhexine is a proven pharmaceutical active ingredient with a heritage extending back more than forty years.
List of ingredients:
- Bromhexine hydrochloride (4mg per 5 ml)
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.