Clairol Nice&Easy 112 Dark Auburn
Nice n Easy permanent hair colour uses an expert blend of three tones to achieve the three signs of natural colour: depth, highlights and shine to allow each strand of hair to maintain it own unique colour. The result looks so natural, only you need know you colour your hair!
- 6 weeks of vibrant, natural-looking permanent hair colour with a blend of three tones in one simple step
- 100% grey coverage even on the most resistant greys
Use a smock or towel to protect your clothing
Put on the Expert Colourist Gloves.
Mix up the dye according to the instruction leaflet.
When dye is mixed, immediately apply the colour to your hair.
Part your hair into small, even sections using the applicator tip.
Apply colour first to your roots and stubborn greys.
Work through hair from root to tip to ensure full saturation, but don’t rub into the scalp.
Pour any unused colour mixture down the drain as it will lose its effectiveness after an hour.
If any colour gets on your skin, wipe it off with a damp towel.
Leave on for 25 minutes or the time indicated by your Strand Test.
Tip: If your greys are really stubborn, it may be necessary to leave colour on for up to 45 minutes.
For Ultra Light Blonde shades, leave the colour on for up to 45 minutes as well.
Add a small amount of warm water and massage into a lather. Rinse until water runs clear.
Apply the ColorSeal Conditioning Gloss to condition and lock in highlights and shine.
For optimal colour results, leave on for 2 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Save remaining ColorSeal Conditioning Gloss and continue to use once a week (after shampooing) in place of your usual conditioner for a total of 6 weeks of optimal colour, shine and softness.
Tip: For best results use a quarter-size amount for each application.
Our exclusive ColorSeal Conditioning Gloss seals in healthy-looking colour and adds intense shine!
Expert Advice For Colouring Hair
Blonding dark hair
If your hair is naturally dark brown or black, becoming a pale blonde may not be possible. The natural red undertones in your hair may make it impossible for you to achieve a true pale blonde colour.
Keeping reds, red
Red is fabulous! But because red colour molecules are small, they tend to fade more quickly than other colours.
Here are some tips to help you keep red vibrancy longer:
- Re-colour every 3-4 weeks to keep your red vibrant.
- Use a Level 1 colour in-between re-touches to maintain the colour vibrancy of your Nice n Easy red colour, which is a Level 3 permanent red.
- If you have lots of grey hair it may be necessary to mix in a neutral shade to achieve a natural looking red.
Create your own shade
Inventing your own "custom colour" is easy, once you know how. You can mix different shades of the specific hair colour product youre using to make a colour thats as dark, light, red, gold, or ash as you want. Go ahead. Be creative!
Hints and tips
- If your current shade is a bit too light, but the next-darker Nice n Easy shade is a bit too dark (or the other way around), add the next-darker (or next-lighter) shade. Stay within the same tonal family (golden, reddish, or ash). For example, mix Dark Ash Blonde with Medium Ash Blonde, or Medium Golden Blonde with Light Golden Blonde.
- If you want to add warm tones to your current colour, mix in a shade with the words "red", "auburn" or "golden" in its description. For example, add Dark Golden Blonde to your Dark Blonde colour. The resulting colour will be somewhere in-between.
- If you want to tone down your current colour, reduce the red or gold in your colour by adding a shade with the word "ash" or "cool" in its name. For example, combine Light Ash Brown with your usual Light Brown.
Rules for simple mixing
- Only combine shades from the same brand. For example, mix a Nice n Easy shade with another Nice n Easy shade. For best results, choose a mixing colour within a few shades of your regular colour. For example, dont mix Light Blonde with Dark Brown.
- To keep it simple add 1/2 of your new mix-in colour and 1/2 of your usual colour to the developer. Save unused colour by securely closing the colour bottles. These should be used within 4-6 weeks
- Use only one bottle of developer. Save the bottle included with your "mix-in" shade for your next colour application.
How to cover resistant greys
Some grey hairs can seem resistant to colour, or quicker to lose colour than other greys. Coarse grey hair, prematurely grey hair or the grey hair around the temples and hairline may seem particularly stubborn.
Try these simple strategies:
- When colouring, apply colour to the stubborn grey areas first. Then apply colour to the rest of your hair. This gives the grey more time to colour.
- Do the strand test as indicated in the product directions. Check colour every 5 minutes to find out how long the colour needs to remain on the hair in order to cover grey. It may take up to 45 minutes for complete grey coverage. If grey is still not covered the way you want, try switching to a Neutral shade.
- If grey coverage is a concern, try a deeper, darker shade. They cover grey better than lighter shades.
For more information about grey hair, see Covering Greys.
Go soft and subtle. Bold and vibrant. A little of both all over your head. Highlights and other dimensional looks can turn any recolour into a work of art.
Who can have highlights?
- Anyone with medium brown to fair hair. People with permed or relaxed hair
- Anyone with less than 25% grey hair
- Anyone who wants permanent colour that gradually grows out
- Anyone who only wants to retouch every 3-4 months
- If your hair colour is medium to light brown, add subtle or dramatic glints of gold or blonde throughout your hair, on the tips, on a few strands or in golden chunks.
- If your hair is brunette, be daring with vibrant burgundy highlights or soft coppery streaks.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.