Emla Cream 5% 5g Single Sachet is for a topical anaesthesia of the skin before needle puncture, insertion of IV catheters, blood sampling, mechanical cleansing or debridgement of leg ulcers and for minor skin surgery.
Instructions for use on leg ulcers:
1. Apply a thick layer of cream all over the ulcer. Use about 1-2g per 10cm2. Do not apply more than a total of 10g at any one time.
2. Cover the emla cream with an occlusive dressing and stick it on with adhesive tape. Make sure all the edges are sealed.
3. Leave the cream on for at least 30 minutes. An application time of 60 minutes may improve anaesthesia.
4. Your doctor or nurse will take off the dressing and emla cream just before cleaning your ulcer. Cleaning should start within 10 minutes of the dressing and cream being removed.
5. Throw out the tube containing any left over emla cream.
Instructions for use on intact skin
1. Ensure the skin is clean and dry e.g. remove makeup. Press out a sufficient quantity of cream (about 2g) at the site of the procedure.
2. Take one of the enclosed occlusive dressings and remove the centre cut-out piece.
3. Peel the paper liner from the paper framed dressing.
4. Cover the emla cream so that you get a thick layer underneath. Do not spread out the cream. Smooth down the dressing edges carefully to avoid leakage.
5. Remove the paper frame. The time of application can easily be marked directly on the occlusive dressing. N.B. emla must be applied at least 1 hours before the start of the procedure and may be left on several hours without loss of effect.
6. Immediately before the procedure, the occlusive dressing will be removed, the emla cream wiped off and the area cleaned with alcohol. Duration of effective skin anaesthesia will be at least 2 hours after removal of the occlusive dressing.
Active Ingredients: Lignocaine 25mg/g, and Prilocaine 25mg/g.
Not to be taken. For topical anaesthesia.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.