How do I order prescriptions online?
How to order your prescription medication online
1. Using our smart search box at the top of our website is the easiest way to find your desired medication. Alternatvely you can click on the green "Prescription" button in the top horizontal menu of our website. From there use our search box to type the name of the medication or use the left side navigation to browse via the letter your script name starts with.
2. Choose the type of script price you're eligible for (learn more) and add the desired quantity to your cart, by pressing the pink "Add to Cart" button. You have the option of adding any other items from our website. Once you have finished shopping, proceed to checkout to complete your purchase. Note: PayPal cannot be used as your payment method when purchasing prescriptions.
3. Australian Government regulations specify that you need to send us the original prescription by mail before we can dispense your prescription. You can do this for free using our ‘Reply Paid’ address:
Your Discount Chemist
Reply Paid 85337
Port Macquarie, NSW 2444.
Note: Choosing to keep your repeat scripts with us means you won’t have to send your scripts to us in the future.
4. Your parcel will be dispatched and should arrive within 3-7 business days from the time we receive your script.
- Australian law does not allow us to accept faxed or emailed prescriptions.
- If it’s your first time at ordering prescriptions online with us, please make sure that any concession or entitlement details are clearly written on the prescription; alternatively you may send us a photocopy of your concession or entitlement card.
- Someone will need to sign for your parcel upon delivery. If no one is at the address of delivery to sign for your parcel it will be returned to your local post office to be picked up and signed for. Express shipped parcels are sent via courier hence we recommend you provide a work address as parcels cannot be left unattended. Express shipped parcel usually arrive between 9-1pm. Anyone can sign for it.
- Prescriptions must be written by an Australian doctor (overseas scripts cannot be accepted)
- Refrigerated medications and S8 (Controlled Drugs, Dangerous Drugs) cannot be supplied.
- We reserve the right to refuse supply of any goods if we feel this goes against our ethical and professional obligations.
- Orders containing prescriptions cannot use PayPal as the payment option. We reserve the right to refund the amount of the prescription purchase if this condition is breached.
Have a question? Need help?
Contact one of our friendly staff now.