What it is
Hydralyte is an oral rehydration solution which is scientifically formulated to replace electrolytes lost due to, vomiting, diarrhoea, fever, heavy sweating and other dehydrating conditions.
What it does
Convenient, compact and highly portable Hydralyte Effervescent Electrolyte tablets are perfect for travel and on the go.
What else you need to know
When to start taking Hydralyte:
- Hydralyte may be taken on the first signs of fluid loss due to vomiting and diarrhoea.
- Hydralyte may also be taken to help manage dehydration due to the loss of fluids through heavy sweating, this can be caused by a hot or dry environment, fever or strenuous exercise. Hydralyte also helps to restore fluid lost as a result of the diuretic effect of alcohol and is best taken before you go to bed.
Signs of dehydration:
- Sticky or dry mouth, increased thirst, decreased or dark yellow urine, lethargy.
Who is most at risk of dehydration?
- Dehydration due to vomiting or diarrhoea can be dangerous in babies, children under 5 years old and the elderly
Instructions - How to use
1. Remove two tablets from the tube and replace the cap tightly. Dissolve in 200 mL drinking water (2-3 minutes). For babies under 6 mths use freshly boiled and cooled water.
2. Sip slowly and frequently while symptoms persist. Discard unused solution after 2 hours or 24 hours if refrigerated.
3. Avoid mixing Hydralyte with soft drink, cordial of fruit juice as these interfere with the dehydration process.
4. Always dissolve in water. Never place tablet directly into mouth.
Recommended dose (take in the first 6 hours):
Under 12 months: 200-400 mL.
1-3 years: 400-600 mL.
3-6 years: 600-900 mL.
6-12 years: 900-1500 mL.
Over 12: 1200-2000 mL.
Sodium chloride 87.5 mg, Potassium chloride 149 mg, Sodium bicarbonate 378 mg, Citric acid anhydrous 672 mg, Glucose anhydrous 1.62 g. Product also contains: Natural grape colour (163), natural flavour, sucralose
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional. Seek medical advice if diarrhoea persists for more than:
- 6 hours in infants under 6 months
- 12 hours in children under 3 years
- 24 hours in children aged 3-6 years
- 48 hours for adults and children aged over 6 years
Store in a cool dry place below 30°C
Be aware that dehydration due to vomiting or diarrhoea can be dangerous in babies and children under 5 years old and in elderly people.
Warning use only as directed
Contains 0.78 mg/mL potassium. If you have kidney disease or are taking heart or blood pressure medicines - consult your doctor before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Contains 1.38 mg/mL sodium. Quantity of sodium per maximum adult daily dose is 5520 mg. Contains sugars
Do not use if cap seal is broken. Replace cap tightly after use. Refer to base of tube for batch # and expiry date.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.