Melrose Fish Oil Liquid 500ml is a convenient & pleasant tasting way to provide Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Features and benefits
- A rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids
- Useful for the temporary relief of arthritic pain*
- May help to reduce joint inflammation and swelling
- Helps maintain a healthy heart
- Helps to improve poor texture of skin, hair and nails
- Recommended during pregnancy - does not contain Vitamin A
With a pleasant lemon/ lime flavour, Melrose Omega 18/12 Fish Oil is an ideal way to provide Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids to the diet by simply consuming 5 to 10ml per day. Fish oil contains the essential Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which are important for vision, nerve and brain function.
The Omega-3 prostaglandins made from EPA have potent anti-inflammatory activity and are important for cell membranes, skin, immunity, healing, heart function, circulation and reproduction. They also help to reduce abnormal blood clotting, lower blood fats and relax blood vessels, and overall maintain a healthy blood flow. Omega-3 prostaglandins also help relax smooth muscles in the gut, the reproductive tract and respiratory passages.
Melrose Omega 18/12 Fish Oil is derived from fish species containing high amounts of Omega-3. The species most commonly used are anchovies and sardines. Fish Oil has higher concentrations of EPA and DHA than Cod Liver Oil. Unlike Cod Liver Oil, Fish Oil is obtained from the body of the fish, excluding the liver.
Fish oils are processed using state of the art refrigeration and preservation methods. The fresh fish are rapidly processed to remove the body oils by steam distillation and further processed by vacuum separation of the low boiling toxins and filtration to provide a standard uniformity of 18% EPA and 12% DHA. Modern processing methods and the processing of smaller fish have kept both mercury and PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls) at less than 0.2ppm.
- Adults, for cardiovascular benefit 5ml daily. For anti-inflammatory effect 10ml daily or as directed by a health practitioner.
- Children: Half adult dose
Each ml contains
- Natural Fish Oil 903mg
- Equiv. Omega-3
- - Marine triglycerides 271mg
- - Eicosapentaenoic acid( EPA) 163mg
- - Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 108mg
- Vitamin E 4mg
Shelf Life & Storage
- 24 months from date of manufacture. Store in a cool (less than 30oC) area. Refrigerate after opening.
Contraindications & Cautions
- High doses may have a mild laxative effect. If symptoms persist consult your health care practitioner.
- Fish oil can cause a repeating fishy taste. This can be avoided by taking the oil immediately before a meal.
Free From Lactose, Dairy, Sugar, Salt, Wheat, Gluten, Yeast, Artificial flavours, Colours or Preservatives. GM Free.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.