Movicol Chocolate Powder Sachets
MOVICOL is macrogol plus electrolytes with a non-sugar sweetener. It is the only treatment for constipation in the class of medications known as "iso-osmotics". When a sachet is dissolved into 125mL of water (or 60mL for a sachet of MOVICOL Half or MOVICOL Junior) the active ingredient macrogol causes water to be retained in the bowel. Combined with the other main ingredient in MOVICOL, electrolytes, this ensures there is no dehydration.
When MOVICOL is swallowed it is unchanged and virtually unabsorbed as it passes through the gastro-intestinal tract (GI tract), the same pathway that food follows during digestion. The "retained-water" in the bowel helps the constipated patient with a gentle 4-in-1 action:
- It bulks the stool - constipated stools have been dehydrated in the bowel, which causes them to be harder and smaller. The bowel contents need to be "bulked up" to trigger peristalsis the muscle action that passes waste along the bowel.
- It softens the stool by adding the "retained-water" to the hard, dry stool, it becomes softer which makes for a more comfortable bowel movement.
- It triggers peristalsis By hydrating and bulking the stool with MOVICOL, peristalsis can be triggered more naturally (some laxatives known as stimulants act as a local irritant to the bowel, which can cause discomfort).
- It lubricates MOVICOL adds water and wets the stool and bowels, which makes for easier evacuation, less straining, and a comfortable bowel movement.
MOVICOL passes from the body unchanged, and has a neutral effect on electrolyte levels.
Dissolve the contents of one sachet in 125mL of water then drink it.
See patient leaflet for more information.
Adults and children over 12 years:
Constipation: 1 sachets daily. May be increased to 2 or 3 sachets daily if necesary.
Faecal Impaction as diagnosed by a doctor: 8 sachets a day.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.