Indulge your senses with the new Nair Irresistible Toffee Apple Sugar Wax for legs & body, the first sugar wax proven to be effective on hair as short as 2mm (no waiting for unsightly regrowth).
Suitable for all skin types Nair Irresistible Toffee Apple Sugar wax is perfect for the novice or professional. This water rinse-able wax is made from naturally sourced moisturising apple & sugar cane extracts to leave your skin irresistibly soft & smooth for up to 4 weeks.
Ultra convenient and easy to use simply microwave for 30 seconds and you're ready to go. The kit, packed in a deliciously scented carton comes complete with 300g wax tub, salon style applicator and washable strips.
Dermatologically tested Nair Irresistible Toffee Apple Sugar Wax is a mouth-watering addition to the Nair range with a delicious fragrance.
Step 1 Patch Test - Always do a patch test before each use. Apply a test sample to a small area where product will be used, following the basic instructions, wait 24 hours, if skin appears normal, proceed.
Step 2 Cleanse - Wash area to be waxed with mild soap and water, dry thoroughly. For best results apply talcum power to the area to be treated.
Step 3 Heat - Remove the jar from its cardboard packaging. Open the jar and remove the protective film making sure that there are no traces of plastic around the edge of the jar. Do not allow water to come into contact with the wax as the wax cannot then be used. Check that the jar of wax is not visibly damaged.
Place jar and nothing else (no lid, protective film, spatula, cardboard packaging or any other accessory) in the microwave oven on the outside of the turntable. Do not cover the jar whilst heating. Ensure that the microwave is set to "Heat".
Set the microwave oven to the 900W heating power and then adjust the heating time strictly in accordance with the heating directions given below.
FULL TUB - 30 SECONDS
HALF A TUB - 20 SECONDS
Heating time given as a guide for a 900W microwave oven.
- Monitor the product during heating in order to stop the microwave immediately if anything unusual occurs (sparks, smoke, overflow wax, etc.).
- After heating, touch the jar gently to check that it is not too hot before you pick it up.
- Carefully remove the jar from the microwave, keeping it upright to prevent the wax from spilling.
- If, after heating, the wax is very fluid, bubbles are present or the jar is deformed, then the wax has been overheated. Do not touch the jar. Leave it to cool for at least 15 minutes before handling.
NOTE: TAKE EXTREME CAUTION NOT TO OVERHEAT. NEVER LEAVE THE HEATING WAX UNATTENDED.
FOLLOW THE ENCLOSED INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY TO AVOID ANY RISK OF BURNING.
Step 4 Mix - After heating to the desired temperature, use the wooden spatula to mix the wax until smooth and uniform, take a small amount of wax on the tip of the spatula and apply on the inside of the wrist to check wax temperature before hair removal.
Step 5 Apply
- Preferably sit in a tiled or covered area so that you can easily remove any wax residue that may fall onto the floor.
- Place the jar of hot wax on a flat, protected (with a newspaper, for example) surface.
- Any wax residue can be rinsed off with warm water.
- Immerse the spatula in the jar and take out a large knob of wax on the tip of the spatula. Turn the spatula over to prevent the wax from running or dripping. With the edge of the spatula make a thin uniform layer in the direction of hair growth to form a strip of fine, even wax. The layer of wax must not exceed the length of one non-woven strip.
Step 6 Remove - Working quickly, place the non-woven strip on the wax, firmly smoothing it down in the direction of the hair growth. Always check the last 1 cm or so of the strip is wax-free in order to facilitate removal. Pull the skin tight with one hand and using the other hand remove the strip rapidly in the opposite direction of hair growth as close as possible to the skin.
- If any wax is left on the skin after removing the non-woven strip, reapply the strip to remove any residue.
- A non-woven strip can be used several times in succession.
Advice For Specific Areas
Apply the wax, working from the top of the leg towards the ankle. Remove the wax in the opposite direction.
Underarm hair removal should be carried out in two steps, as the hair grows in two different directions (at the top towards the top and at the bottom towards the bottom).
1. Place your hand behind your neck to tighten the skin.
2. On the upper section of the underarm: Apply the wax towards the elbow and remove the strip in the opposite direction, pulling back quickly and as close to the skin as possible.
3. On the lower section of the underarm: Apply the wax towards the bottom. Remove the strip in the opposite direction, pulling back quickly and as close to the skin as possible.
Apply the wax in the direction of the hair growth, generally towards the inside of the thighs, smooth wax strip on firmly in direction of hair growth, hold skin taut and remove strip in the opposite direction, as close to skin as possible.
Alcohol Denat, Fragrance (Parfum), Water (Aqua).
Warnings & Cautions
CAUTION: ALWAYS REMOVE THE LID AND PROTECTIVE FILM BEFORE HEATING THE WAX. CAREFULLY FOLLOW EACH STEP IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY LEAD TO SEVERE BURNS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR MICROWAVE OVEN.
Be extremely careful when you use this product for the first time. Never exceed recommended heating times.
HEATING POWER CAN VARY DEPENDING ON MICROWAVE POWER (WATTAGE) AND AMOUNT OF WAX BEING HEATED.
During heating, tub MUST be placed off centre on the microwave turning plate. Carefully watch tub during heating. Visually inspect tub before touching, making sure wax has not been overheated (i.e. presence of smoke, very liquid wax, or deformed sides of jar).
TAKE EXTREME CARE WHEN REMOVING THE TUB FROM THE MICROWAVE.
The heating time is given as a guide it must be adapted according to your microwave oven and amount of wax left in the tub. Always apply to clean, dry, non-irritated skin.
WARNINGS: Always do a patch test before each use by applying the product to a small part of the area where hair is to be removed. Follow directions and wait 24 hours. If skin appears normal, proceed. Do not apply wax more than three times to the same area during the same session. Do not use if skin is broken, sunburnt, irritated or infected or on varicose veins, moles, warts, scars, eczema or damaged, inflamed, chapped or sore skin. Do not use on the eye area. Do not wax eyelashes, inside nose or ears, on nipples or genital/vaginal areas, or perianal areas. Do not use deodorants on waxed areas for at least 24 hours after waxing. Do not sunbathe 24 hours before waxing or 24 hours after waxing. This product is not suitable for use by people suffering from diabetes or circulatory problems, sensitive skin, problem skin, people using Retin-A products, the elderly or people with loose skin. Usage is not recommended by teenagers without adult supervision. Do not wax within one hour of taking a shower or bath as the skin is still too warm or too moist. The skin must be dry with no traces of oil, cream, lotion or perspiration. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not swallow. If ingested, seek medical advice. If you burn your skin, pour cold water over the area for 10 minutes and seek medical advice.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.