Picoprep Sachets are for bowel cleansing in conjunction with: Colonoscopy, surgery, bowel evacuation, intravenous pyelograms (IVP) and abdominal x-ray examination.
Unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
On the day prior to the examination, drink clear approved fluids only (ie: soups, jellies, cordials, soft drinks, fruit juices, coffee/tea without milk etc)(no red or purple colouring).
1. For a morning examination: On the day before the examination (at approx. 3pm), dissolve the contents of 1 sachet of PicoPrep in a glass of warm water. If preferred, chill in refrigerator until required to drink. Drink the contents followed by another glass of water. Continue drinking clear fluids at least a glass per hour. In the evening (at approx. 9pm) repeat the above with the other sachet of PicoPrep. Continue drinking clear approved fluids until six (6) hours prior to your examination.
2. For an afternoon examination: As above but commence at approximately midday about 24 hours prior to the examination.
3. No food or drink should be taken for six (6) hours prior to the examination.
PicoPrep produces a watery stool or bowel motion that empties and cleanses the bowel prior to examination. The first bowel motion should occur approximately 2-3 hours after commencing dose. Onset may be sooner in individual patients. Ensure sufficient fluids are taken.
Each sachet contains: Sodium Picosulfate 10mg, magnesium oxide (heavy) 3.5mg and Citric acid (anhydrous) 12.0g.
Also contains: Aspartame 36mg.
Serious dehydration and/or electrolyte disturbances may occur in some at risk patients.
Read the full dosage instructions before you take this product.
Phenylketonurics are warned that this product contains phenylalanine.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.