It is used for the prevention or treatment of allergic rhinitis for up to six months in adults and children 12 years of age and over.
Symptoms of allergic rhinitis can include:
- Stuffiness (congestion) in the nose
- Discharge, itching and sneezing
How it works
- Mometasone belongs to a family of medicines called corticosteroids.
- These medicines work by helping to reduce inflammation.
- There is no evidence that this medicine is addictive.
- It may take a few days of use before you feel the full effects of the medicine.
- If you suffer moderate to severe symptoms, you may need to start treatment 2 - 4 weeks before the beginning of the pollen season
How to use this medicine
Follow carefully all the directions provided to you on the product packaging, the package insert and in this information leaflet. If you do not understand the instructions, ask your pharmacist or doctor for help.
Administration to children 12 years and over should be aided by an adult to ensure correct use.
How much to use
Adults and Children 12 years and over:
- The usual dose is two sprays into each nostril once a day. Once your symptoms have improved, you may be able to halve the dose to one spray into each nostril once a day. If symptoms get worse again, the dosage may be increased back to two sprays into each nostril once a day.
- Always use the lowest dose which controls your symptoms.
- Do not use in children under 12 years of age
How to use it
1. Shake the bottle gently and remove the dust cap.
2. Gently blow your nose.
3. Close one nostril with the opposite hand (left hand for right nostril, right hand for left nostril), and using your other hand, put the nozzle of the spray just inside the open nostril, aiming towards the outside wall of your nose.
4. Tilt your head forward slightly, keeping the bottle upright.
5. Start to breathe in gently or slowly through your nose and whilst you are breathing in, squirt a spray of fine mist into your nose by pressing down ONCE with your fingers. Avoid sniffing too hard as the contents are then likely to go straight down the throat.
6. Breathe out through your mouth. Repeat step 5 to inhale a second spray in the same nostril.
7. Remove the nozzle from this nostril and breathe out through the mouth.
8. Repeat steps 3 to 7 for the other nostril. After using the spray, wipe the nozzle carefully with a clean tissue and replace the dust cap
Each actuated spray contains 50 mcg of the active ingredient mometasone furoate.
It also contains the following inactive ingredients:
Citric acid, Glycerol, Microcrystalline cellulose, Carmellose sodium, Polysorbate 80, Sodium citrate.
This medicine is gluten-free, lactose- free, sucrose-free, tartrazine-free and free of other azo dyes.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.