Nair Sensitive Strip Free Wax 400g
The secret to this waxs gentle hair removing power is a combination of two soothing botanical extracts Argan Oil and Orange Blossom Extract. The new Nair Sensitive Strip Free Wax contains Zinc Oxide which allows the wax to adhere to the hair and less to the skin, helping to minimise the pain of waxing.
This strip free peel off wax can be used on hair as short as 2mm, which means no waiting for unsightly re-growth, and gives super smooth, effective restuls.
For a safe and effective hair removal treatment using Nair Strip Free Peel Off Wax follow the steps EXACTLY.
STEP 1 PATCH TEST
Before each use always do a patch test. Apply a test sample to a small area where product will be used following the basic instructions. Wait 24 hours before applying product to a larger area. A slight reddening of the skin is normal for several hours after removal of hair. In cases of extreme skin reactions, discontinue use immediately and do not proceed with full treatment. If skin appears normal, proceed.
STEP 2 CLEANSE THE SKIN
Wash area to be waxed with mild soap and water. Dry thoroughly.
STEP 3 HEAT THE WAX
CAUTION When heating, this jar should NOT be put in the middle/centre of the microwave oven. Put the jar to one side and follow the enclosed heating instructions carefully.
Take extreme caution not to overheat.
Never heat wax tub in the carton, with the wooden spatula, or with any other object in it.
Do not use a tub with any defects or if deformed while heating.
Do not leave the microwave unattended during heating.
Keep out of reach of children.
1. Place the uncovered tub in the microwave oven, off centre on a microwave plate.
2. Always use your microwave on the high setting if you have the choice. Never defrost or cook.
3. Check the table below for the appropriate heating time and start your microwave.
AMOUNT OF WAX MAXIMUM TIME (900 WATT MICROWAVE)
-FULL TUB 1 MINUTE 45 SECONDS (105 SECONDS)
-HALF TUB 2 MINUTES (120 SECONDS)
WARNING: Never allow wax to boil. Overheated wax can cause serious burns. The heating time should be adjusted according to the amount of wax in the tub and the power of your microwave. The recommended heating times in the table above are supplied as a guide only for microwaves with a power of 900 watts. The heating time must be very exact. If your microwave oven does not have a digital time setting function (with minutes and seconds indicated exactly), control the heating time with the aid of a watch with a seconds timer. To avoid risk of burning, never exceed these heating times.
STEP 4 LEAVE WAX TO STAND
Leave the tub to stand in the microwave (switched off) for 3 minutes straight after heating to allow a better diffusion of heat through the wax.
STEP 5 STIR THE WAX
1. After letting the tub stand in the microwave, take it out of the microwave while keeping it level with the help of the two handles. It is recommended to use a towel to remove the tub from the microwave.
2. Dip the spatula very gently into the tub, right to the bottom (there shouId not be any resistance) and gently stir the wax from bottom to top until all of the wax contained in the tub reaches a uniform consistency and temperature.
NOTE: After heating, the wax could have two different parts:
A liquid part
A solid mass
Mixing these two parts will create the ideal consistency of smooth creamy honey. If the wax is not sufficiently softened, and therefore is difficult to stir or spread in thin layers, put it back into the microwave to heat for 10 seconds at a time (never more) until the ideal consistency is achieved.
WARNINGS- If the wax is liquid or bubbles appear, it has been overheated. In this case, let it cool before handling it. The wax will need to be left for at least 15 minutes. If the wax is still solid at the top, there is a risk that it could be boiling hot underneath and could spit out wax when the spatula is dipped in. In this case, leave to cool for at least 5 minutes until the solid part has softened before putting in the spatula.
STEP 6 CHECK THE TEMPERATURE
Be extremely careful: to avoid risk of burning, always check the temperature of the wax with a small amount on the inside of the wrist before proceeding with the full hair removal treatment. If the wax is too hot, leave to cool.
STEP 7 APPLY THE WAX & REMOVE HAIR
- Wax must only be applied to clean, dry, non-irritated skin without any trace of oil, cream, lotion, moisturiser or perspiration.
- Do not use to remove hair for 2 hours after a shower or bath, when the skin is still too hot or too moist.
-Do not use 24 hours before sunbathing or 24 hours after sunbathing.
- Apply talc before applying each strip of wax.
Before removing hair, place the following items within reach:
- This instruction leaflet
-The tub of softened, well-stirred wax
-The wooden spatula
It is advisable to protect the area where you will be doing the hair removal treatment (under the tub in particular) with a newspaper or paper towel for example.
APPLYING THE WAX
NOTE: NO CLOTH STRIPS ARE NEEDED. THE WAX ITSELF BECOMES THE STRIP TO BE REMOVED.
- Dip the spatula into the tub of wax and take a large knob of wax with the end of the spatula while rotating the spatula to prevent the wax from running or dripping.
- Place the knob of wax at the top of the area to be treated and using the spatula, spread immediately in the direction of hair growth, a layer of wax thin and even in the centre (1 to 2mm thick) and thicker along the edges. The strip should form a slight curl around the edges which will make its removal easier.
-At the lower end of the wax, leave a small amount not pressed down, so that you have a free end to make it easier to remove.
-Allow the strip of wax to set for about 20 seconds; the wax has set once it no longer sticks to the touch and the edge can be lifted without difficulty (i.e. it no longer sticks to the skin). Do not leave the wax on the skin for more than one minute.
REMOVAL OF THE STRIP WAX
- Stretch the skin with one hand below the wax and with the other hand, lift the lower edge of the wax with the fingertips.
- Pull the strip back in a quick movement in the opposite direction to application, and as close to the treated skin as possible.
- Do not reuse the wax
- Do not re-wax area if skin is red or irritated
ADVICE FOR SPECIFIC AREAS
It is recommended that talc be applied to areas before applying wax. Ensure that the area is completely dry. If the hair is too long, cut it down to approximately 6mm. It is important the skin is pulled taut during application.
Wax should be applied from the top of the lower leg towards the ankle and removed in the opposite direction (see pictures under the heading Applying the Wax).
Underarm hair removal should be carried out in two steps, as the hair grows in two different directions (at the top towards the top, and at the bottom towards the bottom). Place your hand behind your neck to stretch the skin.
- On the upper part of the underarm: Apply the wax towards the elbow.
- Remove it in the opposite direction, pulling back quickly, as close to the skin as possible.
-On the lower part of the underarm: Apply the wax towards the bottom.
-Remove it in the opposite direction, pulling back quickly, as close to the skin as possible.
Spread the wax in the direction of hair growth (usually towards the insides of the thighs).
Remove in the opposite direction, pulling back quickly, as close to the skin as possible.
Treat each side of your upper lip separately. Spread the wax in the direction of the hair growth. Hold the cheek skin taut with the free hand and quickly pull the strip off in the opposite direction. Repeat for the other side of the upper lip.
CHIN, CHEEKS, CENTRE BROWS
Spread the wax in the direction of hair growth. For chin, hold skin on neck taut before pulling the strip in the opposite direction as shown. Spread wax from cheekbone down. Hold the skin taut on neck or side of face and remove the strip in opposite direction. For centre brows use as shown.
STEP 8 AFTER HAIR REMOVAL
Complete the treatment by cleaning the skin with either the aftercare wipes supplied or baby oil. Never use water or other products (e.g. Alcohol or Acetone) to remove any wax residue.
- To remove large areas of residue wait until these are completely dry and remove with fingers.
-To remove fine residue apply talc to the treated areas to make the residue easier to see, then rub with the aftercare wipe supplied until it disappears.
-It is normal for a slight redness to appear after removing hair; this will disappear naturally after a few hours. You can apply an ice cube or a cold compress for a few moments.
- Avoid any prolonged exposure to the sun for 24 hours after removing hair, in order to avoid provoking unwanted skin reactions.
- Wait 24 hours before using deodorant, perfume or astringent lotions on the waxed area.
Do not use product in the area of the eye. Wax should not be used by people suffering from diabetes or circulatory problems or on areas with varicose veins, moles and warts. Do not wax inside nose or ears, on nipples, perianal, vaginal/genital areas or eyelashes. Do not use on irritated, inflamed or broken skin. Not suitable for people with extra sensitive or problem skin. Not recommended for the elderly or people with loose skin. Do not apply wax over sunburned, chapped, broken or sore skin, cuts, weak scars or eczema. Do not use immediately after a bath. Do not sunbathe 24 hours before waxing or 24 hours after waxing. Do not ingest. Failure to follow these warnings may result in severe skin irritation, skin removal, burns or other injury. Keep out of reach of children.
Appropriate hair length: This wax is intended for use on hair as short as 2mm and can be used on hair with more than 1 week of growth.
Skin preparation: Skin should be clean and dry, free from oils, creams, lotions, moisturisers and perspiration. Wash skin with soap and water, and dry thoroughly before waxing. We recommend that you lightly dust the area to be waxed with talc, particularly when the climate is hot and humid.
WARNING: Any overheated wax can cause serious burns. For a safe and effective hair removal experience follow the steps exactly.
$8.95 or free on orders over $149. Delivery within 3-7 business days.
$16.95 or $12.95 on orders over $149. Delivery within 3-7 business days.
Price will be quoted during checkout. Delivery within 1-3 business days (may be longer for remote areas).
We offer fast flat rate express shipping all over the world based on 8 zones - these rates apply to all non-bulky parcels under 2kg*.
Zone 1 New Zealand
Zone 2 China, Japan, Hong Kong
Zone 3 Rest of Asia
Zone 4 Canada & U.S
Zone 5 Pacific Islands
Zone 6 Major Europe + GB
Zone 7 Rest of Europe
Zone 8 Rest of the World
*All orders over 2kg and or bulky orders will be charged at different rates which will be quoted at checkout.
*Estimated delivery time in business days. Excludes time in customs if applicable and may be subject to delay due to causes outside of Australia Post's control.
Click here for more detailed information regarding international shipping.