- Unique formula fights cavities on teeth and roots
- Active fluoride formula, with calcium strengthens teeth
- Great mint taste freshens breath
- Cleans teeth thoroughly
What Are Cavities?
"Cavities" is another way of saying tooth decay. Tooth decay is heavily influenced by lifestyle what we eat, how well we take care of our teeth, the presence of fluoride in our water and toothpaste. Heredity also plays a role in how susceptible your teeth may be to decay.
While cavities are generally more common among children, adults are also at risk. The types of cavities include:
- Coronal cavities the most common type occurring in both children and adults, coronal cavities usually are located on chewing surfaces or between the teeth
- Root cavities as we age, our gums recede, leaving parts of the tooth root exposed. Since there is no enamel covering tooth roots, these exposed areas easily decay.
- Recurrent decay decay can form around existing fillings and crowns. This is because these areas may have a tendency to accumulate plaque, which can ultimately lead to decay.
Adults are especially at risk for cavities if they suffer from Dry mouth, a condition due to a lack of saliva. Dry mouth may be caused by illness, medications, radiation therapy and chemotherapy, and may be either temporary (days to months) or permanent, depending on its cause.
Cavities are very serious. Left untreated, a cavity can destroy your tooth and kill the delicate nerves at its center, which may result in an abscess, an area of infection at the root tip. Once an abscess forms, it can only be treated with a root canal, surgery or by extracting the tooth.
How Do I Know if I Have a Cavity?
Only your dentist can tell for sure whether you have a cavity. Thats because cavities develop below the tooths surface, where you cant see them. When you eat foods that contain carbohydrates (sugars and starches), these carbohydrates are eaten by the bacteria in plaque, producing acids that eat into the tooth. Over time, the tooth enamel begins to break down beneath the surface while the surface remains intact. When enough of the sub-surface enamel is eaten away, the surface collapses, forming a cavity.
Cavities are most likely to develop in pits on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth, in between teeth, and near the gumline. But regardless of where they occur, the best way to spot them and treat them before they become serious is by visiting your dentist regularly for checkups.
How Can I Help Prevent Cavities?
- Brush at least twice a day and floss daily to remove plaque from between teeth and below the gumline.
- Have regular dental checkups. Preventive care can help stop problems from occurring and keep minor problems from becoming major ones.
- Eat a well-balanced diet that limits starchy or sugary foods. When you do eat these foods, try to eat them with your meal instead of as a snack to minimize the number of times that your teeth are exposed to acid.
- Use dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste.
- Make sure that your childrens drinking water is fluoridated. If your water supply does not contain fluoride, your dentist or pediatrician may prescribe daily fluoride supplements.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.