- Provides relief of withdrawal symptoms associated with giving up smoking.
If you have already quit smoking completely, Nicorette inhalator can be used to relieve cravings for a cigarette.
If you are not yet ready to stop smoking completely, Nicorette inhalator is also licensed to help you to cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke each day, by using the inhalator instead of having a cigarette. This can make it easier to eventually stop smoking completely. You should make a quit attempt as soon as you feel ready. Seek advice from your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you find this difficult.
The Nicorette inhalator is a mouthpiece with a replaceable nicotine cartridge. You insert the cartridge in the inhalator and then inhale through the mouthpiece in the same way as smoking a cigarette. This causes the nicotine in the cartridge to vaporise and it is then absorbed through the mucous membranes in the mouth as you inhale. You will get less nicotine from each puff on the inhalator than you would from a puff on a cigarette, so you may need to inhale from the inhalator more often than you would with a cigarette to get the same amount of nicotine. It is up to you how many inhalations you take, how often you take them and for how long.
- The inhalator is best used at room temperature. At temperatures below 15C less nicotine is released and you may need to inhale more frequently to reduce your cravings, while at temperatures above 30C more nicotine is released. You should avoid using the inhalator in high temperatures, or take fewer inhalations if you do.
- Do not use more than six 15mg cartridges a day.
- Make sure you do not leave unused or used cartridges where children can reach them. Doses of nicotine that are tolerated by adult smokers during treatment can produce severe symptoms of poisoning in small children and may prove fatal. It is important that you dispose of used cartridges safely, as they still contain a residual amount of nicotine that could be harmful to children or animals. Dispose of the cartridges in their cases with household rubbish.
- If you cant cut down on use of the inhalator after three months, or end up smoking again, it is important to seek help and advice from your doctor or pharmacist.
- People with obstructive lung disease (eg emphysema or chronic bronchitis) may find it difficult to use the inhalator, as inhaling through it requires a greater effort than inhaling from cigarettes. These people may find it preferable to use another method of nicotine replacement, such as patches or gum.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.