Nilstat Vaginal Cream is used to treat a vaginal infection called candidiasis or thrush. A fungus called Candida causes thrush. The symptoms of thrush include itching, burning and a thick, white "cottage cheese" discharge from the vagina.
Thrush is common in women of childbearing age or at menopause. It is more likely to occur if you are pregnant, menopausal, a diabetic, taking oral contraceptives (the Pill) or taking antibiotics. Though uncomfortable thrush is not usually serious.
Your doctor or pharmacist, however, may have recommended NILSTAT for another purpose. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about why NILSTAT has been recommended for you.
- Remove cap from the tube
- Turn cap upside down and use it to puncture the tube seal.
- Screw the applicator onto the tube.
- Squeeze the tube from the bottom forcing the cream into the cylinder.
- Detach the applicator from the tube.
- For easier insertion, of the applicator into the vagina, lie on your back with the knees bent and legs spread apart.
- Spread the vaginal lips apart with one hand. Hold the filled applicator by the cylinder and gently insert it high into the vagina.
- Press in the plunger and then with the plunger still depressed remove the applicator from the vagina holding it by the cylinder.
- After each use wash the applicator with mild soap and water. It may be taken apart for easy cleaning. Do not boil. Rinse thoroughly.
- Enclosed in your pack of NILSTAT Vaginal Cream are instructions on how to use the product, complete with diagrams.
The active ingredient in NILSTAT is nystatin.
Each 5g NILSTAT vaginal Cream contains 100,000 units of nystatin.
Seek medical advice before first course of treatment.
See a doctor if no better after 3 days.
If getting better, keep using for 14 days.
See a doctor if the problem returns.
See a doctor if you are pregnant of diabetic.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.