Strataderm Gel for the prevention and treatment of hypertrophic scars and keloids
Strataderm is a rapidly drying, non-sticky, transparent silicone gel formulation for the treatment of both old and new scars as well as for the prevention of abnormal and excessive scar formation, in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids.
Strataderm was developed for use on all types of scars including those resulting from general surgery, trauma, chronic wounds, burns, or bites.
- For old and new scars
- Softens and flattens raised scars
- Relieves the itching and discomfort associated with scars
- Reduces redness and discoloration
- Prevents abnormal and excessive scar formation
How to use Strataderm
- Ensure that the scar is clean and dry.
- Apply a very thin layer of Strataderm to the scar and allow to dry.
- Strataderm should be applied once daily, or twice daily to exposed areas or as advised by your physician.
- For best results Strataderm should be maintained in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours a day).
- When applied correctly, Strataderm should be dry in 3-4 minutes. If it takes longer to dry you have probably applied too much. Gently remove the excess with a tissue and allow the drying process to continue.
- Once dry, Strataderm can be covered by sunscreen, cosmetics, pressure garments or casts.
How much Strataderm do I need?
Strataderm is not absorbed into the skin, rather it dries to form a very thin layer that is less than the thickness of a piece of paper or as if you stretch a piece of household cling wrap over your skin.
- Strataderm 5g (0.17 oz) is enough to treat a 2-3 cm (1-2 inch) linear scar for over 90 days.
- Strataderm 10g (0.35 oz) is enough to treat a 5-7 cm (2-3 inch) linear scar for over 90 days.
- Strataderm 20g (0.7 oz) is enough to treat a 10-14 cm (4-6 inch) linear scar for over 90 days.
- Strataderm 50g (1.75 oz) is enough to treat an area of 6-12 cm (2.5-5 inch) for over 90 days.
There have been no side effects observed with the proper use of Strataderm gel. It is not absorbed, so it will not produce systemic side effects, and it is unlikely to produce local side effects.
The ingredients in Strataderm gel are completely compatible with human biology. Strataderm gel is transparent and does not contain alcohol, fragrances or parabens.
If Strataderm gel was accidently swallowed it will not be absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract due to its high molecular weight, and will be excreted without modification.
- For external use only.
- Strataderm should not be applied on third degree burns or to open wounds.
- Strataderm should not be placed in contact with mucous membranes, or the eyes.
- Strataderm should not be applied over other skin treatments without the advice of your physician.
- Strataderm may stain clothing if not completely dry.
- If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Keep this product out of the reach of children.
- Store below 25 °C (77 °F).
- Do not use after the expiration (EXP) date printed on the tube.
Standard Parcels (under 3kg) over $99 = FREE!
Parcels under 3kg & under $99 = $7.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky over $99 = $12.95
Parcels over 3kg or bulky under $99 = $16.95
We offer Express Shipping for parcels up to 3kg
Parcels under 1kg = $12.95
Parcels between 1-3kg = $16.95
- Express shipping is not available to PO Box addresses.
- Signature is required on delivery.
Your Discount Chemist use Australia Post to deliver standard parcels and Toll Priority for express shipping requests.
Parcels arrive within 3-7 business days.
Express shipped parcels arrive within 1-3 business days (this may be slightly longer for remote country areas).
International orders other than New Zealand will be charged at the cost price. Once you place your order one of our staff will email you with the cost of delivery, you have the option of agreeing and proceeding with the order or declining and receiving a full refund. Note: Perfumes cannot be sent overseas.
Your Discount Chemist use DHL for international orders.
New Zealand Shipping Rates:
Parcels up to 500g = $12.95
Parcels between 0.5-1kg = $24.95
Parcels between 1-1.5kg = $29.95
Parcels between 1.5-2kg = $39.95
Parcels between 2-2.5kg = $44.95
Parcels between 2.5-3kg = $49.95
All New Zealand orders over 3kg will be charged at cost - we will email you after you complete your order.
Click here for more detailed information regarding shipping.